My Frances Dowell Story!

LOGO

Hello! Today I am talking about the new story I made. My class and I all worked on making our individual story’s using famous author Frances Dowell’s advice.
Frances Dowell is a well known author who has made many books. Some of which are Chicken Boy and The Class. Her website is below

⬇️

Creative Writing for Kids

Frances Dowell taught us how to use sticks and stones and little problems in our books and include bigger problems as well as the climax. We learned a lot from her teaching and thank her for teaching us how to write a story.

After we wrote our books she helped us and revised our books. She gave me some good advice about starting poetry. I have taken that advice and it has worked well! In my previous posts you’ll see she was right about my poetry skills.

Overall, Frances Dowell helped my class and I in making our story’s. I have a small passage from my story I will paste in under this paragraph. I hope you have a good day month year or until you read my blog next. Cya!

I’m running. Panic. The darkness feels like a veil of shadows wrapping around me. I jump into the pond nearby; I feel the freeze rush through my bones. I know his weakness is water. I swim up for breath. I feel a spinning in my stomach. A twist and turn as it tries to grab me. Kill me. I take a breath of water, a drought of air, twist, and a turn of memory. I’m trapped.

I’m back. Alive. I’m in a vast box. 

“Perfect Perfect inter magic,” A dark voice hushes. “The magic of a riddle!” I’m confused. A fog sweeps the box and I see… A forest with a bloody smiling shadowy figure. I scream as a fog rolls in.

2 Comments

1. 27aravg

Great post! This explains how Frances Dowell helped us. I also really like the excerpt from your story.

2. 27neils

Nice post! I like that you explained all the details and what you did.